Grooving on new beats

Lisa HaydonLisa Haydon debuted in Aisha.
Top model and recent Bollywood entrant, Lisa Haydon talks about hosting MTV’s Rock On and her fledgling movie career. What appealed to you about hosting Desi Beats Rock On on MTV?
I’ve always been passionate about music, so when MTV approached my agency with the idea of me hosting the show, I was completely on board with it. It gives me a chance to meet many outstanding talents from around the country. There are talents from across the nation — most people only think of cities like Delhi and Mumbai when it comes to music, but there are brilliant musicians in other parts of India, like Gangtok, Shillong and even Bihar.
Do you have a favourite to win the show already?
Yes, I do. No matter how objective we try to be, whenever we watch a contest like this, we do get emotional. I can’t, however, reveal who my favourite is as that would be unfair to the other contestants.
You’ve hosted a TV show, Babelicious on Zee Trendz before. How different are the two experiences?
Very different. This is much more challenging, since the format is bigger and more people are involved. There’s a script and I have a lot more to do than simply hang around and talk a bit.
You’re one of India’s busiest models, juggling your fashion commitments with television and film. How do you manage it?
I agree that I’m doing a lot, but its also a lot of fun. With Rock On, I have to shoot one episode every week, so it doesn’t get too stressful. Anyway, my philosophy is that since I’m young and able, I should get a taste of everything I can now.
Post-Aisha, how many film offers have come your way?
A few. In fact, I’m working on
a project now, but I can’t reveal anything until everything is finalised.
How did it feel to watch yourself on the big screen in Aisha? How would you rate your performance?
I think I did a good job of playing my role. Other people were kind to me and said I can definitely do this. It’s great to hear things like that. The thing is that as far as fashion is concerned, I think I’ve done a lot. I’m in my comfort zone when I’m modelling, but when it comes to acting, I know that I still have a lot more work to put in. I’m still taking coaching for my Hindi. It’s getting better everyday, but like I said, there’s still work to be done.
Are you worried that since you began as a model, you’ll get certain stereotypical roles in the film industry?
I’m aware that that’s how things work. Most people don’t think models can act and so they cast them mostly for glamorous roles. A model has to prove himself or herself. But I’m definitely willing to do non-glamorous roles. Even if I’m asked to smear mud on my face for a role, I’d say yes. I just need the opportunity to prove my capabilities

No comments:

Post a Comment