New beginnings for Kulraj Randhawa

 Kulraj Randhawa
She is the fresh new face in Bollywood. Actor Kulraj Randhawa will soon make her debut in an upcoming comedy starring Dharmendra, Sunny and Bobby Deol. Having worked on television before, facing the camera wasn’t something that Kulraj was scared of butshe admits that she was nervous to share screen space with the original hunk of B-Town, Dharamendra.
Talking about working with him, she says, “Initially I was jittery. Dharamji is a superstar, he’s been around for so many years. But he made me feel very comfortable. Being a Punjabi myself, I know for a fact that there’s no bigger star in Punjab than Dharamji. So, of course, it is like dream come true to work with him.”
So has the transition from television to the big screen been smooth for the young lady? Tell her that it is often said that TV actors don’t make for good big screen actors and she sites the example of Shah Rukh Khan. “He has worked really hard to get to where he is and is one of the most successful people in the world. As far as I am concerned, I had to wait. There were a lot of tempting offers on television, but I knew that my calling is Bollywood and that I have to wait until the right opportunity came and here I am,” she points out.
Kulraj says that she is taking her movie role seriously. “I play a photographer. She’s independent, well-travelled and has a mind of her own. I wanted to look the part, so learnt my way around a profesional camera and shot some photographs while in character and on the sets. It was great fun, and I intend to pursue this passion for sure.”
Quiz Kulraj about rumours of her having an affair with the films director, Samir Karnik and she shoots, “I guess I have learnt my lesson at a very early stage of my career. In Bollywood, rumours and associating stars with each other is very common. It all depends on how we take it and continue doing our work without letting fictional stories affect us. So here I am too — not affected with these silly stories simply because they’re not true.”
Finally, what are her future plans? “I have some offers in hand. As for the rest, I will have to wait till the film is realised and see the reaction from the audiences,”she ends

No comments:

Post a Comment