Oh La La! Cher 'Teases' Fans With New Film

Cher and Christina Aguilera added a little sex appeal at the London premiere of their new film Burlesque.

Burlesque
Kristen Bell, Christina Aguilera and Cher at the London premiere

It is Cher's first film in seven years and she said it is all about the "tease".
"Burlesque is not stripping," the 64-year-old told Sky News, who grabbed a jacket to keep warm while she did interviews in Leicester Square.
"Burlesque is an art form, most of the girls are dancers and great dancers, it's very cheesy burlesque...it's not that raunchy...no-one takes their clothes off, it's great."
Cher said she was lured back to the silver screen with the chance to sing again.
She teams up with Christina Aguilera who plays a small town girl who finds success at a burlesque club, run by Cher's character, Tess.
It is Aguilera's first movie and she says she "grew leaps and bounds" working with Cher.
"I just tried to make her comfortable" said Cher.
"I just made her feel I wasn't going to pull any actress crap...I would help her when I thought I could".
Brian Friedman
X Factor choreographer Brian Friedman was also at the premiere
Director Steven Antin revealed he begged the 64-year-old star to take the part of Burlesque nightclub owner Tess, and claimed he tap danced to persuade her.
Asked why she accepted the role Cher said: "I wanted to sing in a film."
She added: "Yes, he did beg me. They all begged me and kept saying 'no, no', and suddenly I found myself on the stage."
When Christina arrived on the pink, rather than red carpet, she offered encouragement for X Factor runner up Rebecca Ferguson who she sang with at the weekend.
"I've won and lost many talent competitions in my life and look where I am now," said the 29 year-old.
"I was on a similar show when I was seven in the States and I didn't win either so she got to share her talents with the world and she's an amazing young lady- I'm sure she'll go far".

No comments:

Post a Comment