Beauty Bootcamp: Day 3

Beauty Bootcamp: Day 3

Neil Moodie and Wendy Rowe are still hard at work in Ibiza...

Day 3 is apparently the day when everyone has some kind of mini breakdown, and has definitely been our hardest day so far. We struggled with the early run, our minds saying yes, but the body saying "no way". There's been gossip in the camp too: two of our fellow boot-campers didn't turn up for the run after a few too many glasses of wine last night (alcohol is banned btw), and after a yummy breakfast of scrambled eggs, we were 6 minutes late for the circuit training and got severely punished for this by having to run up the 279 steps, not once, but twice. (The drinkers were also punished!). We struggled through the 2nd circuit, with Wendy having severe breakfast reflux in the process. The afternoon 6 mile hike which seemed so daunting became our anger management session. A pep talk from the trainers at the top and the walk back down suddenly made us feel better within a day where we could have quite easily ploughed our way through a burger and a Mars Bar. Stretching at the end of the day made us feel better and the almost compulsory dip in the cold sea suddenly didn't feel so bad. At dinner we all talked about how if you smell something vanilla then it takes the sugar cravings away. We all smothered our arms in Vanilla Body cream and spent the rest of the evening sniffing them (desperate times!)

Wendy says: The bootcamp has absorbed the last 3 days of my head and from that suddenly I feel clearer headed about other recent events in my life. I never expected this, is this a turning point?
Neil says: I found inner strength today that I never knew i could find within myself. From wanting to completely give up something I was hating, I found a way to enjoy it again - I'm in shock !!

No comments:

Post a Comment